Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ask, Seek, and Knock

"And I tell you, ask and you will receive, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." -Luke 11:9-10

This has really been one of my favorite bible verses of all time. Not just because it sounds so good and hopeful, but it has also been the very first verse to put my faith into life.

Would you believe when someone who truly loves you tells you to ask something that you badly want, and s/he will give it to you? It's probably a cliche way of showing one's love to the other. But I still do believe in it, because my life is a living proof of these words.

I remember when my daddy was still alive. He used to give me almost everything that I asked of him. And I always felt secure and confident asking something from him. But time came when my dad passed away, and so did my dreams. I felt like I lost everything in me.

One day, I asked God for peace in my heart, a right path to take, and a new life. I faithfully prayed over and over again until God finally answered me. And believe me or not, since then, God had always been granting most of my prayers. He even gave me more than I asked of Him. 

If someone here on earth can grant your wishes, how much more God in Heaven, who is our Almighty Father? God just wants us to ask from Him, like a loving father to his child. So never be afraid or ashamed to ask God what you deeply desire.


God knows...
God listens...
God answers...

Just ASK, SEEK, KNOCK. . . and BELIEVE it will be given to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment